Terrible Image quality in build

Hi, I have terrible image quality for all textures in build, vs when started local from unity. I spent hours trying to configure textures, nothing seems to have any effect. Can you please help ? I canā€™t make the customer satisfied :frowning_with_open_mouth: Here are images of build vs local and texture settings. Which compression type and or setting gets me the 1 to 1 result of the image ?
logo_comparison.png
tree_comparison.png

Original Post on Discord

by user 606919514772340737

oh, and Iam using quads with unlit material

Are you making production builds? Have you tried making a dev build?

yes Iam making production builds, didnā€™t tried dev build. gonna do it now.

ohā€¦ok dev build fixes it. thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

When you make production builds images (and meshes) in the glb get compressed which is usually great for filesize and ā€œregularā€ textures but in your case with vector graphics that compression doesnt work well - we will allow setting compression settings from Unity in a future update (to e.g. exclude certain images from being compressed or better controlling which compression is being applied) but right now thatā€™s not fully available yet

thanks for the clarification. I guess Iā€™ll be fine with dev build :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed, etc1s doesnā€™t look good on those images :eyes:
Iā€™ll make sure we have a similar type of image in our test scenes when we implement per-texture compression

Also worth noting that itā€™s a good idea to set the import compression in Unityā€™s texture importer to ā€œNo compressionā€ to avoid double compression in our pipeline (weā€™re looking at streamlining this more)

Compression options would be huge, on my first Needle project, the client wanted some images changed quite close to the deadline and I had to deliver a dev build instead because we couldnā€™t achieve the desired look while using compression in Production builds

by user 103054507105067008