The type or namespace name 'Components' does not exist in the namespace 'Needle.Engine'

I’m trying to replicate the pointer events handling of DragControls for my own version of the script to make an AR Drag/Scale/Rotate script, but when I start with the very basics of implementing IPointerDownHandler, etc, I get the following error in the generated component:

Assets\Needle\Components.codegen\ARMoveScaleRotate.cs(8,57): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Components' does not exist in the namespace 'Needle.Engine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Example script attached, the error seems very vague to me, I also tried copying the DragControls.ts into a new script and renaming any references to itself as DragControls.ts to the new script name but that also gave me the exact same error
ARMoveScaleRotate.ts

Original Post on Discord

by user 103054507105067008

this is a C# error - I think you’re missing an assembly reference to the Neede Engine Runtime assembly

Whereabouts do I add that?

You add a new AssemblyDefinition in the codegen folder (if you have none there yet) and then reference the Needle Engine asmdef

That did it! Thanks

We’re gonna switch the main assemblies to AutoRef so that this is easier to get started. Not generally a fan of that but makes sense for our usecase here

That would be great, just had me a bit confused when trying to start out with using the parts of Interactable as a starting point for pointer events