Reset room on network?

How can I reset the room? i want to clear any objects i created and their syntransform.

Hi Saad,

To reset a room on the network and clear any objects along with their synchronized transforms, you should consider utilizing the sendDeleteRemoteStateAll() method which is used to delete all state in the currently connected room.

Here’s a potential plan of action:

1. Ensure you are connected to a room.
  2. Use the sendDeleteRemoteStateAll() function to clear all synchronized states.
  3. Optionally, you can reinitialize the room or clean up additional resources as needed.

Here’s a code snippet illustrating how to reset the room:

class RoomManager {
    resetRoom() {
        if (this.context.connection.isConnected) {
            // Clear all objects and their synced state
            this.context.connection.sendDeleteRemoteStateAll();
            console.log("Room reset: all objects cleared.");
        } else {
            console.warn("Not connected to any room.");
        }
    }
}

// Example usage
const roomManager = new RoomManager();
roomManager.resetRoom();

Ensure that you have the proper setup to manage connections and states when running this code. Depending on your project configuration, you might need to modify parts of it for complete integration.

For further details on managing room states, refer to the networking section in the documentation (see the documentation).

Let me know if you need any more assistance!

3 replies left
thread_x6Oe8ofy6z3C6LVbKHkaJ32Q
Reply to this message to continue the conversation

why does it gives me error on this method "Failded to parse message SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘a’, “all-room-s”… is not valid JSON

Hi Saad,

The error “Failed to parse message SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘a’” typically occurs when the data being received is not valid JSON, suggesting that the server might be sending an unexpected response.

Here are some possible reasons and solutions:

1. Invalid JSON Format: The message being sent from the server might not be correctly formatted as JSON. You can check what message is being sent before parsing to identify the issue.

2. Logging Incoming Messages: You should log the incoming message before parsing to see the exact content. Update the onMessage method with a log statement:

private onMessage(_, ev) {
        const msg = ev.data;
        console.log("Received message:", msg); // Add this line for debugging
    }

3. Check Server Responses: Ensure that the server is set up correctly and is sending JSON-formatted responses where expected. Temporary issues with the server or malformed data could cause this error.

4. Handling Binary Data: If the message can be a binary blob, ensure that you handle it appropriately, as your current setup seems to expect string data.

If you can identify the actual message that is causing the parsing issue by checking the logs, you can adjust your server or client code accordingly.

If problems persist, please share further details about your server responses, or any additional logs that you think may help diagnose the issue more effectively.

Let me know if you need more assistance!

2 replies left
thread_x6Oe8ofy6z3C6LVbKHkaJ32Q
Reply to this message to continue the conversation