Quick Look double sided alpha?

Is double sided alpha exporting possible for Quick Look? Using cutout alpha or blended at the moment

Original Post on Discord

by user 103054507105067008

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

Easiest to make extra geometry backfaces at the moment.

(The implementation problem there is that while double-sided is a material property in glTF, it’s a mesh property in USD, so one needs to be pretty careful when converting; I didn’t get to that yet)

That’s what I’m doing for now but if there is any change to the conversion for this please do let me know as I have a few models I have to sort this on

Should be fixed with the next update! Put all my USD knowledge together to add support for double sided materials in three lines :smile:

Testing this out today :slightly_smiling_face: thanks for sorting this so speedily with your USD knowledge!

Is this all I need configured in Blender on the material before export for this to work? Currently testing with an alpha clip and the faces are one sided still when in Quick Look
image.png

There has not been a next update yet :slightly_smiling_face:
And yes, when you disable “Backface Culling” in Blender your materials will be doubleSided.

@ROBYER1 sorry for the delay – the update went out now, let me know how it goes!

3.28.2 beta has fixed this for me, works perfect with my test models. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: