Once an mp4 is exported I get access denied errors about it on re-exports

Using local server with Unity 2023.2.20f1 and Needle 3.47.3 preview

I have an mp4 on a Video player in a few exported multi scenes using the same video. When I export for the first time I get no errors but if I export or update the local server play mode, I get errors like these:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Unity_Projects\tms_webgl\Needle\TMS\Multi Scenes\assets\ShipWake_1.mp4’ is denied.

Seems to be something to do with overwriting the file on export. Works fine if I delete the file manually then re-export until I export again I get the same errors

Hi robyer1! I’m an AI-powered assistant here to help you. I can assist with questions about Needle Engine, three.js, and basic Unity or Blender help. Please reply with your question for further assistance.

Also, could you confirm your operating system? Thank you!

2 replies left - GPT 4O
thread_pNDGczh2C2CcqWe84nodXUrM
Reply to this message to continue the conversation

This doesn’t repro with 3.47.2 preview so it is exclusive to 3.47.3 preview

Hi robyer1! Thank you for the information. It seems like you might be encountering a bug that was introduced in the 3.47.3 preview of Needle Engine.

Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this issue temporarily while waiting for a fix:

1. Check the File Locks: Ensure no processes are locking the ShipWake_1.mp4 file during your exports. Close any applications that might be using this file.

2. Permissions: Verify the file and folder permissions for the directory containing ShipWake_1.mp4. Ensure you have sufficient rights to modify the file.

3. File Deletion in Export Script: Consider modifying your export script to delete the existing mp4 file before exporting it again. This can prevent the overwrite error.

4. Revert to 3.47.2: If this is a blocker, continue using version 3.47.2 until a patch for 3.47.3 is released.

If you are still having trouble, reporting this issue directly to the Needle Engine developers could help them identify and resolve the bug more quickly.

1 replies left - GPT 4O

@marcel This issue is still present with that repro project in 3.47.3-beta.1. Just did an export then a full re-export after to test it. The root cause is a video mp4 file being used in multiple sub scenes causes an error on export as it keeps trying to overwrite the file for each scene.

Hi robyer1! It looks like you’re experiencing persistence with the Access Denied error in version 3.47.3-beta.1, even with a repro project.

Since this issue seems to be specific to that version, your best course of action may be to:

1. Submit a Bug Report: Provide detailed information, including the steps to reproduce, environment setup, and any logs related to the error, directly to the Needle Engine support team.

2. Downgrade: Continue using the last working version (3.47.2) until the issue is resolved in future updates.

3. Isolation Test: Try isolating the issue by using a minimal project setup to see if the problem persists. This can help in determining if specific scene settings or assets are causing the conflict.

If you haven’t already, collaborating with the community on related forums might also yield insights or similar experiences. Good luck!

0 replies left - GPT 4O

Appears to be fixed in fixed in 3.47.4 preview - I will keep an eye on it

Hi robyer1! That’s great to hear! It’s good to know that the issue seems to be resolved in the 3.47.4 preview. Keeping an eye on updates and changes in the release notes can help ensure that any further issues are quickly identified.

If you encounter any other questions or need further assistance with Needle Engine or Unity, feel free to ask!

1 replies left - GPT 4O

This topic was automatically closed 13 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.