Does needle engine support unity drop downs?

Hello

Original Post on Discord

by user 841751666960760944

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

How it works:
Reply to the messages of the bot that end with a thread_id to interact with it and ask follow-up questions. You can also mention the bot directly in this channel to get help.

Help requested: please wait a moment…

does needle engine support unity drop downs?

Hello Abdullah! How can I assist you with your development work today? If you have questions about Needle Engine or any technical issues you’re facing, feel free to ask. To provide you with the best assistance, please try to be as specific as possible about your query.

1 messages left GPT 4
thread_LLbjgYCambGwbwrVGJFsHfYX

Needle Engine doesn’t have a specific “drop-down” component like Unity does, but you can create similar functionality by using HTML select elements and handling their interactions in your scripts. Needle Engine primarily focuses on providing access to three.js functionality and does not replicate Unity’s UI components directly. If you have specific requirements for a drop-down menu, I can help you figure out how to implement it using regular HTML and JavaScript in conjunction with Needle Engine components.

0 messages left GPT 3.5
thread_LLbjgYCambGwbwrVGJFsHfYX

So I can’t use unity’s dropdown component for my 3d website?

You have reached your limit of 2 messages… please try again in a few hours

That’s right - we don’t support Dropdowns right now ourselves but you can implement the functionality in your own code (you can look at the Needle Engine components as a reference)

:+1: