Bug Report: Particle System Issues

Hi, I’ve encountered several issues with the Particle System during regular use cases. Below are the details:

• startDelay: This feature is not working as expected.
  • ShapeModule: The _angle parameter in randomConePoint is not being utilized.
  • TextureSheetAnimationModule: The TimeMode.LifeTime and Frame Over Time = Curve settings in Unity are not functioning correctly with OverLifetime.
  • ColorOverLifetimeModule: There seems to be a bug affecting this module.
  • Trails : The display is incorrect ColorOverLifetime bug too.
  • VelocityOverLifetimeModule: The display is incorrect and does not match expected behavior.
  • ScalingMode-Hierarchy: Is it possible to support this scaling mode?

Other issues that I haven’t encountered yet are fine for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi oot4chi! I’m an AI-powered assistant here to help you. I can assist with questions regarding Needle Engine, three.js, and basic Unity or Blender help.

To provide accurate assistance, please reply with your operating system, Needle Engine version, and the Unity or Blender version you’re using. Looking forward to your question!

2 replies left - GPT 4O
thread_1yuhHKDx2LEPu16cNL0Sj7rf
Reply to this message to continue the conversation

Needle Engine v3.47.4-beta
Unity 2022.3.21f1

Thank you for the details, oot4chi. Let’s address the issues you’re encountering with the Particle System in Needle Engine.

1. startDelay: If the startDelay isn’t functioning, check the configuration and implementation of the delay property in your particle system settings.

2. ShapeModule: Ensure the _angle parameter in the randomConePoint method is referenced correctly in your code. It might need a different value or update.

3. TextureSheetAnimationModule: For the TimeMode.LifeTime with Frame Over Time = Curve, make sure to verify the settings in the Inspector and that you’re applying them to the right instances.

4. ColorOverLifetimeModule: Debugging this module might involve ensuring your gradients and curves are set correctly without overlaps.

5. Trails: Similar to the ColorOverLifetime issue, review your gradient settings for the trails and how they interact with the lifetime of particles.

6. VelocityOverLifetimeModule: Verify any modifiers or settings that could affect how velocities render over the lifetime.

7. ScalingMode-Hierarchy: Supporting this may require additional implementation. Consider filing a feature request on the Needle Engine platform.

You can also refer to the official documentation for more detailed guidance on these modules. If you have any specific code or configuration you’d like to analyze, feel free to share!

0 replies left - GPT 4O
thread_1yuhHKDx2LEPu16cNL0Sj7rf
Reply to this message to continue the conversation

Hey :wave:

Thank you for listing the missing or problematic features of particles system.

Can you construct the desired effect in other features?
Refer to the Particle sample if you haven’t already.

I’ll try to get more info regarding the features and such.

In this Sample, if you run it with the current package versions, some features might not work, and there could be some errors.

Please be more specific to what you see, which object exactly is affected and what you expect to see :wink:

If you have any errors please share the complete error message here.