Blender package question

Is there a package manager for blender 4.0?
The installer says its only for 3.6? Is there going to be an installer for blender 4.0 soon? Thanks!

Original Post on Discord

by user 360172136649719818

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

How it works:
Reply to the messages of the bot that end with a thread_id to interact with it and ask follow-up questions. You can also mention the bot directly in this channel to get help.

Help requested: please wait a moment…

Hello MotionMitchell,

Needle Engine provides an npm package that can be used in conjunction with Blender to export scenes to the Needle Engine web format. As of my latest update, there is no specific information available about an installer for Blender 4.0.

If there’s an installer that’s currently only available for Blender 3.6, it’s likely that the Needle Engine team is working to ensure compatibility with newer versions of Blender. It’s common practice for tool developers to test and update their software to work with new major releases of dependent software like Blender.

For the most accurate and up-to-date information on compatibility with Blender 4.0 or on the availability of a new installer, I recommend checking the official Needle Engine documentation or reaching out to the Needle Engine support team directly.

Remember to keep an eye on Needle Engine’s official release notes or announcements for updates regarding support for Blender 4.0.

1 messages left GPT 4
thread_Mi4PTywnke9fEqtmcu4zm2Iy
Thanks for your feedback!

Hey, the Blender add-on supports 4.0+ already, it’s the same plugin for all versions.
Where did you find 3.6 only? Happy to update that!

Ah, I see, in the Blender setup steps it doesn’t mention 4.x yet.
Here’s the installer: https://engine.needle.tools/downloads/blender

Thanks!! @herbst🌵

by user 360172136649719818