About Miniature Mode

Hi :), How can I disable the Miniature Mode in VR ?

Original Post on Discord

by user 632418299711324161

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

How it works:
Reply to the messages of the bot that end with a thread_id to interact with it and ask follow-up questions. You can also mention the bot directly in this channel to get help.

Help requested: please wait a moment…

Hello DiegoEloko, currently in Needle Engine, pointing onto a surface and pressing A on a controller switches between 1:10 scale (miniature mode) and 1:1 scale. However, there isn’t a specific component available to disable the Miniature Mode in VR at the moment. The documentation mentions that a component is being planned to give more control over this functionality (see the documentation).

1 messages left GPT 4
thread_KZjWQiBPOBIvYYrlX1ERYxO0

Hey :wave: what do you mean by Miniature Mode?

Is it the β€˜A’ button?

If so, you can disable that by setting enableDefaultControls to false on the WebXRController

Okey, I will try it but, if I do that, will the Teleport Target still work ?

Srry, but how can I access to the property enableDefaultControls, by WebXR ?

Okey, I will try it but, if I do that, will the Teleport Target still work ?
No

Srry, but how can I access to the property enableDefaultControls, by WebXR ?
Yes, by WebXR.

Add a reference to the WebXR, populate it in the editor and then you can access the controller like so:
this.webXR.RightController

Okey thanks but, then, is there a way to (in VR) navigate using Teleport Target without trigger the Miniature Mode ?

We’re currently in the process of refactoring XR support which will make this much easier, currently teleport is pretty hardcoded

Okey, thanks : )