Strange Behavior : DragControls VR Quest-1

Hi :slightly_smiling_face: Hoping you doing fine. I´m doing some tests using DragControls in VR. In my scene there are some objects with that script and also there is a 3D model of a building which I scaled in order to walk inside it, that model is currently desactive but I´m suspecting that building has something to do with the behavior that I show you in the video :
In general, when I hold the object **outside **where the desactivated 3d building model is , I can move and hold the object with the DragControls attached and nothing strange happens but, when I hold the same object inside the space that the desactivated 3d building model fill in the scene, the object starts to flicker in strange way.
I suspect that is the 3d model of that building but I’m not sure. When that building is active the same happens and with other objects which also have the DragControls.
Another thing (1) in the scene is a plane which works as a navigable surface and has the Teleport target script, it is also desactivated.
Another thing(2) there is a specific section in the model where the continuos movement goes lagged , that part has a lot of 3d chairs and maybe they have to be optimized, Idk if this has something to do. When I walk on other sections, the movement goes well.
I leve you a little video about that strange behavior. Thank you

Original Post on Discord

by user 632418299711324161

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

Hi, which Needle Engine version are you using?

image.png

Ok - you’re not using any samples right now? Then you should probably update to the latest experimental version. We updated our whole WebXR system recently including a complete DragControls rewrite. Those changes can’t be backported

We’re currently in a alpha version so things might still change - maybe you can try to update and let us know how it goes

No I´m not using samples. In order to update to the latest experimental, I do it just updating with the package manager ?

yes exactly

Thanks, I will check a let you know :slightly_smiling_face:

I just updated Needle and there all several scripts along the Export object which don’t reload. For example this is how the Export looks :

I can´t make a clean install because of that and I’ve reloaded the scene and exit and open Unity but there is no change, the only indicator for needle is the welcome window :

This is the Needle version : 3.32.10-exp

Please check the unity console for errors

there are no errors

I´ve tried update needle but this time I get several errors, so I wll keep that version :sweat_smile: but thanks, maybe with a completly new proyect, because I’ve some logic already implemented.

Could you tell me the errors? It’s very likely just a small change in one of the c# scripts you have in your project

Hi! I fixed it! It results that, the building and other objects didn’t have the Tag Ignore Raycast so when I hold an object with the DragControls and the control ray was aiming in the direction of the other objects without the Ignore Raycast, the flicker happened. So it solved with the Tag Ignore Raycast : ) , I decided to keep this version for now. Thanks for your help, I will try the new XR features with a new proyect.