Post Processing in VR?

Sorry if this is a silly question but are the Post Processing effects (specifically, bloom) supported in VR?

I can get bloom to work perfectly in desktop/mobile browsers (it looks great, BTW, so huge thanks for its implementation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :raised_hands: ). However, in VR it’s just not there at all.

Am I missing something obvious?

ADDITIONAL INFO
For VR I’m testing using a Meta Quest 2 and running the scene in the Meta Browser

Original Post on Discord

by user 908977119781060648

PostProcessing is disabled in XR right now since last time I tried it did break rendering in VR - I think the guys behind the library we’re using wants to add VR support (or is working on it) but I havent tested it yet.

I can add a url flag to allow PP in XR for testing tho

Thanks @marcel :cactus: … glad I can stop looking for something that isn’t there :joy: … yet :smiley::+1:

by user 908977119781060648

It may also well be that it’s still too slow (performance wise) in VR – full-screen passes / postprocessing tend to be pretty expensive on mobile VR hardware

it can work if the rest of your scene allows for it of course :slightly_smiling_face:

and if the implementation is done right :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, is post-processing still disabled in XR, or have there been any advancements recently? If not, where can I find the flag to enable post-processing in XR ?
To clarify, it works in XR browser, but not in the immersive XR.

It’s still disabled, yes. There is no flag to enable post processing in XR since it’s not supported. What do you mean by XR browser? You mean the oculus browser?

Yes, i meant the oculus browser. Sorry for the confusion.