How to use only the needed examples dependencies in my project?

Unity : LTS 2022.3.15F1
Needle Engine : 3.47.7

Hi, hoping you’re doing well : ) . I’m using in my project two dependencies from the examples FirstPersonController.npmdef and Networking.npmdef. In the Needle Engine (Project & Export) component, in the Dependencies field I added the two dependencies. In order to do it, I had to install all the examples but I would like to know if there is any way in which I can only install the needed dependencies without install all the examples.

Could you help me ?
Thanks

Hi Diegoeloko! I’m an AI-powered assistant here to help you. I can assist with questions about Needle Engine, three.js, and basic help with Unity or Blender. Please reply with your specific question, and I’ll be glad to assist!

Could you also specify the OS, Needle Engine version, and Unity or Blender version used?

2 replies left - GPT 4O
thread_gEhBVT9C28nxPS0VJ2DQj739
Reply to this message to continue the conversation

Help ?

Hi Diegoeloko! To use only the needed dependencies in your Needle Engine project without installing all the examples, you have a couple of approaches:

1. Manual Dependency Installation: Manually add the FirstPersonController.npmdef and Networking.npmdef files directly into your project. You can find these files in the relevant examples directory. This allows you to only include what you need.

2. Careful Selection: When adding dependencies in the Needle Engine (Project & Export) component, ensure you select only the necessary dependencies. Review the package contents of the examples to identify any unused components that can be skipped.

Let me know if you need more detailed guidance!

1 replies left - GPT 4O

Could you give me a clear guide of how can I do a Manual Dependency Installation ?

Sure, Diegoeloko! Here’s a clear guide for Manual Dependency Installation in your Needle Engine project:

Steps to Manually Install Dependencies:

1. Locate Dependencies:

• Navigate to your Needle Engine Examples directory.
    • Find the FirstPersonController.npmdef and Networking.npmdef files under their respective example folders.
  2. Copy Files:

• Copy the FirstPersonController.npmdef and Networking.npmdef files.
  3. Paste in Project:

• Paste these files into your Unity project’s Assets folder or any relevant subfolder where you keep third-party assets.
  4. Add to Dependencies:

• Open the Needle Engine (Project & Export) component in your Unity Editor.
    • In the Dependencies field, manually add the path to the FirstPersonController and Networking definitions.
  5. Configure Settings:

• Depending on the dependencies, you may need to configure additional settings or parameters in your project. Refer to their documentation if necessary.
  6. Test:

• Run your project to ensure everything is functioning as expected.

This process should help you include only the necessary dependencies without installing the entire examples package. If you have any questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask!

1 replies left - GPT 4O

Hello Diego,

currently all samples are installed within one Unity package - that doesnt mean that all assets or dependencies are included in your project however. In your example if you add only “FirstPersonController” and “Networking” to your export component then only those scripts will be included and nothing else from the samples.