Error ENOENT no such file or directory

While my project works perfectly fine on one computer (Windows PC), I get this error (in Unity console) on another (MacBook) when trying to play locally.
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open [project path]/node_modules/three/addons/objects/[files I'm referencing].js
Those are files I’m referencing from some of my custom components. Such as addons/geometries/DecalGeometry.js.
What’s odd is that I can’t even find those files on the computer that it works on.
Any idea?

Original Post on Discord

by user 732122195614105653

That’s strange. Can you try if this persists after clicking “Clean Install”? (hold ALT and press Install on the ExportInfo)

Hey @herbst🌵 Happy New Year!
So, to answer your question, yes it does happen even when I do a clean Install.
Not how relevant this is, but this is happening on a Mac, while it works on a Windows computer.

More info:
I found that while three/addons works on my Windows PC, on the Mac I need to change this to three/examples/jsm```` Windows: import { DecalGeometry } from ‘three/addons/geometries/DecalGeometry.js’;Mac:import { DecalGeometry } from ‘three/examples/jsm/geometries/DecalGeometry.js’;```

Happy new year to you too, thanks for following up!
So I think “three/addons” is an alias for "examples/jsm used in some cases, “three/examples/jsm” is the actual path.
But you can always remap those with import maps - it definitely shouldn’t be necessary to do that differently for different OS’s, would love to learn more about that on your end.

So indeed, three/examples/jsm works on Windows too. I’ll just keep in mind not to use the alias then.

I think if you have importmaps in your index.html (or path remaps in the vite.config.js) then either does work, there’s no automagic aliasing of these names I believe

But good to know the regular way works for you now!