AR origin shoots up when trigger is pressed [bug?]

When i’m in AR mode and click the trigger button (or tap fingers together) the origin of my scene shoots up. This happens with the default minimal template and the Sandbox template. I’m using Quest 3 in the video and reproduced this behavior in Quest Pro as well. Any idea how to fix this?

Original Post on Discord

by user 264626421891072001

Hello there – we have an experimental AI bot :robot: that might be able to help you with your question. Would you like to try this out?

How it works:
Reply to the messages of the bot that end with a thread_id to interact with it and ask follow-up questions. You can also mention the bot directly in this channel to get help.

Help requested: please wait a moment…

Here is what I found for you :brain: Discord

Hello Brendan, it seems like you might be experiencing an issue with the teleportation or scaling features in the AR mode of the Needle Engine. In order to troubleshoot this, it’s important to check the configurations of specific components that could affect the behavior when entering AR mode or when using teleportation functionality.

Here are some steps to consider:

1. Ensure you have the WebXR component properly configured on your scene. It is the basic requirement for enabling AR and VR capabilities (see the documentation).

2. Verify the setup of TeleportTarget components and the layers of the objects in your scene. Certain layers like IgnoreRaycasting may impact the behavior when using teleportation features (see the documentation).

3. Check if the scene has any additional behavior that triggers on an input event, such as scaling the scene or moving the user or the origin to a different position. This could be custom code or a component that is not set up correctly.

4. If the issue persists, it may be beneficial to inspect other components like WebARSessionRoot for correct configuration, especially if there is a scale defined that could be affecting your scene.

5. Lastly, examine the scene hierarchy and any scripting related to AR inputs, ensuring there’s no conflicting logic tied to the trigger button or the hand gesture you mentioned.

If you’ve done all the above and the issue remains, you might want to consult the Needle Engine documentation for more detailed information on the specific components and settings or reach out to support for additional help.

1 messages left GPT 4
thread_zWo2oL08HH1j5vZK02YwRyJe

Hey, thanks for the report, that looks like a bug - we’ll try to reproduce

Thank you! Please lmk! Can’t really do much else before this is sorted out

Hey! Just following up. Were you able to reproduce this?

Hi @brendanluu yes we were but havent had a chance to further investigate it. We will do so after the christmas break.