Loading Screen Customize

• you dont need loadstart
  • Sceneswitcher in main scene, it must have a reference to the Loading scene asset or prefab asset (see the screenshot above). Make sure to reference the asset and not a prefab in the scene.
  • then add the scene that contains the dancing robots etc as a reference in the SceneSwitcher scenes list (you have to put the scene switcher in a new unity scene with just the ExportInfo on one GO and the SceneSwitcher on another GO (also shown in the screenshot above) because this basically empty scene should load super fast and then trigger loading the main content scene while showing your loading animation)

Okay, now i got it! Thank you very much for the fast reply!!! :gentleblob: :gentleblob:

by user 328144332622266369

As you can see, something is wrong with my setup. First of all can I increase the time spent in loadingScene? Also, the dancing Robots scene :joy: , is not working properly, there is no skybox color, and the navigationController doesn’t work. Did I missed something? I will add the loadingScene Animation after I solve those problems. Sorry for bothering you​:sweat_smile:

can you show your unity setup?

About the loading time: this might just be local but you can modify the scrpt of course, just add something like (await wait(1000) to wait a second or longer in the onClosing callback for example, but you should probably not increate it too long artificially especially since loading is in local development basically instance unless you lower your network speed for testing in the chrome networking tab - so when you upload your website it will load longer)

(wait is a method you can import from needle engine)

Try removing the GltfObject component in the “Website” scene, you also dont need it in the SceneController really. But I think in the Website scene it might be whats causing the issue

Removed the GltfObject first from Website scene, then from both, same output from both cases

OnEndLoading()? Or OnClosing is located somewhere else?

No i thought you also added the script linked here :slightly_smiling_face: not in the sceneSwitcher

Mmh ok, would you mind reporting a bug so i can look at the files?

No problem ,just one second.

Ill have to do it tomorrow / monday.

From which scene though? Cause I have three now :))

The one with the sceneswitcher - the others should come along in the report because they are referenced in the component :slightly_smiling_face:

okay, that’s nice!:smile:

Hi @Nebula(Larisk)
I think you want to change this to Needle/Website as well since this is your main website directory. Because right now you have two web projects. I guess Needle/Website contains the vuejs project and this is currently not used. Maybe that’s already the reason for your project not working correctly? I can’t really test it here because the bugreporter only sends the used web project and SceneController is just our default vite project template
image.png

The reason the skybox worked before was:
your “Website” scene camera is set to skybox + transparent solid color but has no skybox in the scene. That’s fine. Now with the other scenes they have a skybox so the “website camera” doesn’t change the background (as before) and the previously loaded skybox stays visible. This is arguably also not great on the engine side (a bit confusing and we’ll think about that) but
the good news is it’s an very easy fix for you: just set the Camera clear flags to solid color in the Website scene and you’ll get your black background again

image.png

Hi! Thank you very much for the info’s. Now the scene loads correctly, but unfortunately the animation freezes in LoadingScene , and even when it switches to the main scene the site lags for a few seconds.