Issues with Needle Networking - How to tell all npc's that I've shared something

Hi @marcel :cactus: : Hope you are doing good. Iā€™m trying to make some multiplayer game. Iā€™m stuck with somethings. In my current room when 2 or more people joins and I wanted to tell some specific client playerID let say that ā€œHi, I have surprise for youā€. Now this message can only we received to specific client playerID only. How to do that?

Also, in other scenario. Iā€™m(My name in the network room is ā€˜Test-Playerā€™) giving gift to player name ā€˜Test-1ā€™. Now there are other players in the room too like ā€˜Test-2ā€™, ā€˜Test-3ā€™ etc. They should receives a callback where it says that ā€˜Test-Playerā€™ has gifted ā€˜Test-1ā€™. How to do that???

Iā€™m looking for some Network Room Variable.

Original Post on Discord

by user 389863047159873540

Hey, first of all, please donā€™t ping team members directly.

I donā€™t think you can currently send a ā€œprivateā€ messsage to a peer; I see how that would be useful in some cases. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong Marcel

What Iā€™d do in your case would be to use manual networking events and send along the sender and receiver IDs so that you can choose what happens on receiving on different clients. https://engine.needle.tools/docs/networking.html#manual-networking

there are some data which i want to keep for the room level. Even whom so ever joins the same room later will also access that room variables and update things accordingly.

Does Herbestā€™s answer explain how to do that or do you need further support? If so, just ask away :slight_smile:

Hi Kipash, Iā€™m still stuck. Do you have any suggestions!

If you want data to persist make sure the messages you send have a ā€œguidā€ field, thatā€™s currently all thatā€™s needed for persistence.