Face filter sample on unity stuck on white screen in localhost

Hello I am new to needle and I have been trying to load the example sample for the unity face filter for a uni project.
I have been following this tutorial:
youtube. com/watch?v=CcWN5fMOAP0

However I am stuck on this white screen forever loading.
I have no idea what is wrong.

Things to note are:

  • I am using the non-commercial license.

  • I am using unity version 6000.0.82f1.

  • I downloaded the Needle package from this link: Needle Engine for Unity | docs

  • I have deleted com.needle.face-filter-1.0.0-beta.12
    in C:\Users\name\My project\Packages but kept the below 1.0.4 version.

  • I have updated the engine to this version while trying to troubleshoot this issue.
    Releases · needle-tools/needle-engine-support · GitHub

  • I have tried using OperaGX and Chrome but both have the same issue.

  • I have reinstalled Unity 3 times.

  • I can’t paste the entire console log but here is the only error:

Saving Prefab to immutable folder is not allowed: Packages/com.needle.face-filter/Examples/Alien Face Mask.prefab
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

There are many npm warns above this and if it helps I can provide the screenshots.

I have spent hours googling and looking for dependency issues trying to solve the issue but with my complete lack of experience with Unity and Needle I cannot figure out the issue.

Thank you for the help and kind regards to Needle dev team and community helpers.

That prefab warning is harmless noise — Unity just can’t resave a sample that lives inside the package. Your real problem is the page never loading, which almost always means the dev server or the web build didn’t come up.

Select your Needle Engine component, hold Alt, and hit Clean Install. Then watch the terminal window that opens — it usually prints the actual failure (missing node_modules, npm error). A white screen with a non-commercial license plus that video tutorial usually means the install half-finished.

If it still hangs, drop a URL to the deployed site or run Needle Engine → Report a Bug so we can see the build log. What does that terminal window say when you hit Clean Install?

Sources: Needle Engine Docs (62%), Needle Engine Docs (60%), Needle Engine Docs (60%), Needle Engine Docs (59%), Needle Engine Docs (57%), Needle Engine Docs (55%), Needle Engine Docs (54%), Needle Engine Docs (53%)

1 replies left - Become PRO for more replies.
Reply to this post directly if you need further help (bottom right button)